Sunday, February 22, 2009

OSCAR PICKS

Will I stay up for it all, I seriously doubt it, but here are my official picks.....for a bunch of movies that I haven't seen at all...........

2009 Oscar Ballot - Pick the Flicks
1. Best picture: .“Slumdog Millionaire.” Everyone is talking about it-haven't seen it..

2. Actor in a leading role: Mickey Rourke, “The Wrestler.” Supposed to be excellent. Sounds like he deserves it.

3. Actor in a supporting role: Robert Downey Jr., “Tropic Thunder.”Heath Ledger, “The Dark Knight.” I've heard both ways. A comeback year for Robert Downey Jr. A death for Heath Ledger....Dark Knight was good, so was the character....Robert Downey Jr is always good...I just can't pick.

4. Actress in a leading role: Kate Winslet, “The Reader.” She is everywhere. The book was pretty good. I am going with her.

5. Actress in a supporting role: Marisa Tomei, “The Wrestler.” Proves she wasn't a fluke for My Cousin Vinny. Once again, want to see the movie. She is supposed to be really great

6. Animated feature film: "WALL-E." A different kind of movie......haven't seen it, but Oscar goes for different.

7. Best director: Danny Boyle, “Slumdog Millionaire.” It is everywhere. Will go with it.

8. Original score: “Slumdog Millionaire.”

9. Original song: Jai Ho,” “Slumdog Millionaire." Heard this peppy little ditty and will go with it.

10. Visual effects: “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." Supposed to be interesting special effects with Brad Pitt.

11. Adapted screenplay: "Frost/Nixon." Supposed to be a better play than movie...

12. Original screenplay: "Milk." Has to win something...

1 comment:

shawn said...

well at least some were right.. I watched some, but not all.. Since I hadn't seen a lot of the movies.. it's hard for me..
I LOVED Hugh Jackman! The show was great! I watched his interview with Barbara before and couldn't wait.. I think he did what he wanted.. to put more "show" and less "biz" into it!
And how touching to have Heath Ledgers' family accept the award.. I think that you are right.. the death vs the comeback... guess we know who won that one...