Monday, April 21, 2008

My Mother's Day Button

At Bath and Body they are providing their employees with a tag that you can add a picture of your mother for the upcoming Mother's Day. It's kind of a cute idea and totally in keeping with Bath and Body Works. Anyway, I'd been thinking about what I would put in mine and went round and round with various pics of my mother until I remembered one I had especially picked out. In my mind, she was sitting on a couch, in a colored girlie floatie plaid dress, with some sort of bouquet of flowers....In real life, I found the pic and she is sitting on the couch in a white and silverlike plaid dress holding a bouquet of bows.....Hmm, it's still a good picture and I took it to WalMart to copy so I could cut it and not ruin the original....I couldn't figure out the machine (I know, big surprise) so I had the kid help me. We discovered that the picture was from December 1963 (almost 45 years old!!). I think it might be from a wedding shower of some sort. It's a pretty picture of her and if anyone is at the Marshalltown Bath and Body Works store they can see it these next few weeks. For those of you in Minnesota, I'll bring it with me this weekend. That's my blog for the day, just a cute little story I thought I would share. :)

1 comment:

shawn said...

OOHH, I am glad that you will bring it with you this weekend.. can't wait.. cool idea.. gotta love that bath and body place!!!