Monday, April 28, 2008

What I Did Over My Weekend


I got to go to MN this weekend and hang out with my goddaughter Hannah. It was her school carnival this weekend and will be her last because she graduates from 5th grade this year and will go to middle school in the fall. We had a lot of fun! We also got to visit Once Upon A Crime. It is a bookstore in Minneapolis that I have been emailing with for about a year. It is quite a charming place and am lucky that they will be able to get me a signed copy of my favorite author John Sandford's, new book. I was a bit giddy and over the edge with exitement, but had a fun time. Spent my drive home listening to books on CD. They are my new passion with long car drives!! Currently working on The Memory Keeper's Daughter. It was supposed to be a top book, but it jumps around a lot. I think it is better on CD>>

3 comments:

shawn said...

wow doesn't that picture look familiar??... We (Hannah and Me) are glad that you had a good time this weekend.. we had a great time too!! I didn't go around hugging stangers at a book store, but had a good time anyway!!
We don't want to sound rude or anything, but next time you come up, don't bring snow!!!

Karen said...

I have never been to that store but have always wanted to go. Maybe now I will be motivated to visit.

Let me know what you think of Memory Keeper's Daughter - I liked it ok until the end, which I thought ruined the whole book. Wo'nt say more just in case you aren't done yet....

Dawn said...

I was disappointed in the end of the book. I spent 11 hours listening to it and thought it was a bit, I don't know, but it was a let down. I was glad I listened instead of read it.