Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Neither Rain and Sleet, Snow and Dark, or Apparently Tuesdays.....

I'm ranting about the post office again. I have been forbidden to call and bother the postmaster....It will achieve nothing, so why bother, but, anyway......So far this winter season I can confirm that the post office didn't deliver twice. I may have missed another day, but I had no mail going out, so I can't confirm.

According to the postmaster last year, the postman doesn't have to deliver when there is more than one form of precipitation at one time. The postman doesn't have to deliver after dark. The postman, apparently, doesn't have to deliver on Tuesdays if they don't want to as well. They had more mail yesterday due to Martin Luther King Day. Ok, don't you think you will have more mail on Wednesday if you don't finish your route?? Add to that, they send out newspaper flyers to everyone by mail on Wednesday, so there will definitely be more mail today........Hmmm, perhaps we won't get mail today either??? I think there was an episode of Seinfeld where Newman got caught hoarding mail he didn't deliver.................

I don't think she (yes our mailman is a girl) is hoarding mail. I just think she doesn't do her job very well and gets paid a good salary not to.

Yes, I will be cutting my mail down this year just because of that..............Don't be surprised to find email thank yous and birthday cards. It's just not worth taking the chance that it might be a good day for the mailman.........Oh, especially when they raise the price of stamps this summer, again.....................

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I hear ya girlfriend! My sister and her kids have yet to receive their Christmas presents and no one can tell me where it is. I give up!!

Jeannie

shawn said...

I think that you should write an EMAIL to someone in Washington.. I wonder who you contact about this.. and I think that I would still contact the postmaster.. and maybe his boss too.. as contacting him doesn't seem to matter..
I don't send my mail out from the house. I actually take it to the post office.. OK, mine is because someone was stealing out going mail at one place I lived.. OK, that might have been like 15 years ago.. but it leaves a strong impression!!!