Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weather Woes

The strange weather in Iowa continues. A levy broke in Des Moines and people have lost their houses for the second time in the remembered past. I got to see the damage the flood was causing last time in '93. This time I have missed out and that's ok by me. I will say this. I hate being woke up in the middle of the night to corral 4 cats and head to the basement because of tornado warnings. Last nite, one was spotted near us so the whole family went to the basement....It was 3:30 a.m. so some of us were getting up anyway, but still. Waking up to that kind of a panic isn't good for the system. After the all clear, I went back to bed. The farmers have to be flipping out from all the bad weather, but they always are no matter what the weather does anymore.....

1 comment:

shawn said...

This is not good. I mean they keep talking that this is the 500 year flood in Iowa.. But wasn't it the 500 year flood last time? My thougths are with you!