Thursday, November 13, 2008

Red Alert- HIPAA Violation

Apparently my new surgeon's office called to confirm my September appt time after our first conversation. They looked through their books and called me (or rather my father-in-law) back and left a detailed message on his machine..............I DIDN'T GIVE THEM HIS PHONE NUMBER SO THEY MUST HAVE GOT IT FROM INFORMATION..............OOPS to them. That could be a problem.......Too bad it wasn't the bank screwing up our accounts and sending me all his stuff. That was a nice surprise when that happened....

The curse of being named after your father..........Having that not be an issue after awhile.........then having the same thing when your father-in-law has the same name as your dad.....Such is life..............43+ years and it doesn't phase me...............I think the surgeon's oh so lucky. It is a lawsuit waiting to happen..............................

2 comments:

shawn said...

Well.. are you going to say anything to them?? maybe mention HIPPA?? something??? hm...

shawn said...

OH.. and DON a GUY... and the whole boob thing?? HELLO!!!