Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Big Black Boy

I saw a beautiful black cat that got hit by a car outside my front window on Friday morning....Me being the cat lover I am, it was traumatic. I called the rescue league to come and pick him up, but I couldn't leave him out there. That was where Wendell had been found when he was a baby and left to fend for himself....He looked to much like my Wennie, so I ran out in my pj's in "rush hour" traffic, to make sure he wasn't ran over again and to get him to the vet..........When I petted him, he was cold and pretty stiff, so I knew it wasn't good........He was bigger than my Wendell, very muscular, with a bobbed tail, and a few stray white hairs like Wendell has...His paws were huge, and he had all of his claws...His eyes were blue at this point and I would have loved to pick him up and give him all the love he deserved, but that wasn't the case. I put him on a rug in the car and drove to the vet and bawled like a baby the whole way there. They knew I was coming, but were still a bit panicked to see me...The girl who let me in, didn't know what was going on so I had to make sure they knew he wasn't mine, but he needed to be checked........They took him and confirmed that the big guy had passed away........the rescue league would pick up his body...............I told them that we would take him home...........he may not have been loved enough in his life, but he will be truly mourned in his death. Not a great way to start a day.

Wendell---

1 comment:

shawn said...

How can someone just leave a cat outside?? Sasha will only be an inside cat!! I would be crushed too!!