Saturday, May 10, 2008

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow....Yeah right.....

I think the postal service is eventually going out of business. I mean it. I am upset that postage is going up again.....I know gas has gone up, along with everything else, and once upon a time I could have gone along with it, but not anymore. I'm sorry, but in the last 2 years I haven't had mail delivered approximately 10 times. Every time I call the post office, I am told that the weather just got too bad and the postal carriers were able to stop early..........Hmm hard to have any sympathy for them with the motto they have (HA RIGHT) and the fact that I watched her deliver to the house across the street before she quit. Yes, how do I know, but if you saw the amount of mail the next day, you would know, too. Other places have weather worse than us and I can guarantee their mail didn't say "I think I'll stop now" add to that, I'd like her to talk to the people that were expecting payments that may not have got them on time because she just wasn't in the mood to finish her job.. I"m ranting, but it really gets on my nerves...........Now that I am writing.......I will probably go the email Christmas card route this year if I can get away with it. I am just po'd enough about the whole thing.............

3 comments:

shawn said...

OK, I too understand the gas price thing.. but now I will have to get some penny stamps.. they haven't made a big deal of this whole increase.. I am sure because it has been less than a year since the last increase! I didn't even know about it until you said something to me the other day.. that is how bad I am.
I wouldn't mind the email christmas cards.. hey even more earth friendly. I mean no paper, so no trees to be destroyed.. hum... something to think about...
And just for the record... I don't think that my mail person has ever not delivered my mail.. even with loads of snow... (like that "loads" you know sort of Harry Potterish)

Dawn said...

I need new Harry :(

shawn said...

Your book will soon be there.. Pat is taking it to work on Monday and shipping... I promise...